Often people who are health conscious don’t opt for pasta because of its calorie content. So let’s learn how to make low-calorie pasta.
250g penne pasta boiled
1 ½ cups white sauce
2 teaspoons butter
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
¼ cup diced yellow bell pepper
¼ cup diced green bell pepper
¼ cup diced red bell pepper
¼ cup broccoli (optional)
¼ cup diced olive (optional)
1 teaspoon dried herbs
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon chopped parsley + for garnishing
1 teaspoon crushed peppercorns
How to make white sauce
Take butter and flour in equal proportions and 10 times of that, add milk. Sauté it on low heat and don’t let the colour of flower change. Whisk it up well and let it come to the desired consistency. Keep it aside.
How to boil pasta
Take lot of water in a pan. Allow the water to come to boil and then add the pasta. Pasta should be fully covered in water and add salt. When the pasta is boiled, strain it. Keep it aside.
Now it will take JUST 5 MINUTES to make the pasta.
1. Heat white sauce in a non-stick pan till it comes to a boil
2. Heat butter in another non-stick pan. Add garlic and sauté lightly.
3. Add yellow, green and red bell peppers, broccoli, olive, herbs, boiled pasta and salt. Toss to mix
4. Add the cooked pasta mixture to the white sauce and mix well.
5. Add 1 teaspoon chopped parsley, mix well and bring it to a boil.
6. Switch off heat and add crushed peppercorns.
7. Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley.
Note : You can always add chicken chunks to it. Also if you like cheese, add cheese while making.
Hope you enjoy your home made low calorie white pasta. Now you can gorge on pasta as much as you want.
If you like it, please hit the like button and leave a comment below.
For more awesome recipes, please follow mysticoasis by clicking on the follow button on the right bottom corner.